Get a few nice cuts of steak (bone-in or boneless, whatever your preference), and prepare thusly:
- Lay the steaks on a plate and apply a thin layer of sea salt and just a bit of ground pepper.
- Using a fork, poke multiple holes in the top of each steak; you're not looking to perforate the bastards, but don't be shy. Roughly 10-15 plunges of the fork will do.
- Next, coat the steaks with Lawry's seasoned salt. If you don't know what this is, drop and do 20 push-ups immediately.
- Flip steaks and repeat on the other side.
- Grill steaks to your liking. A good tip here is to flip them with a fork, rather than a spatula, which seems to help keep some of the seasoning on.
- Enjoy! You blasphemers may want to add a little bit of A1, but for everyone else, you'll get a simple, tasty steak that isn't drenched in unneccesary accoutrements.
Did you try it? How'd you like it?