BBQ 201: Grilling for Not-Dummies
Before You Grill
- Rub your grill surface with a paper towel or brush with olive oil before you grill. This will prevent veggies, burgers, chicken, or fish from sticking.
- Pat down meat with paper towels before applying a marinade or other pre grill seasoning..
- Use sea salt and olive oil as a marinade for steak. Apply liberally to both sides and let sit. The combination will caramelize and seal in juices of the meat when seared.
Dealing with Different Meats
- Never wash beef or pork prior to grilling, but do rinse chicken or fish in water before grilling to lessen bacteria.
BBQ Sauce (The Holy Grail)
- When applying BBQ sauce during the BBQ process. Wait until the meal is almost cooked and apply the sauce on the last few sides.
- If you apply too liberally or too early in the cooking process it will burn and form a less-than-tasty coating for your creation.
BBQ is all about keeping juices in the meal and cooking the meat.
Any ideas for things that would better the lives of men everywhere? Drop us a line. Good suggestions will be rewarded with manpoints. Obviously.